Cefix 200mg :-
Cefixime binds to 1 or more of the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) which inhibit the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell wall, thus inhibiting biosynthesis and arresting cell wall assembly resulting in bacterial cell death.
The usual course of treatment is 7 days. This may be continued for up to 14 days if required. The daily dose can be given in 1–2 divided doses.
- Adult and child over 10 years: 200–400 mg daily
- Child over 6 months: 8 mg/kg daily
- 6 months to 1 year: 75 mg (3.75 ml) daily,
- 1 to 4 years: 100 mg (5 ml) daily
- 5 to 10 years: 200 mg (10 ml) daily
Typhoid and paratyphoid :
- Adult: 200 mg 12 hourly
- Child: 10 mg/kg 12 hourly